Sunday, November 11, 2012

How to convert a Number to Text in Microsoft Excel

I faced this problem once when the value in a cell in Microsoft Excel was displayed as follows 3.61456+E10 and I was not able to see the entire number. But I could see the entire number when I double-clicked inside the cell. Whereas the same number in another file was displayed as 36145648961. When I imported these files and tried to import and merge them, I was not able to merge properly because in the first file it was stored as number, whereas in the other file it was stored as text. I had to convert the number in the first file from number to text.

Here is how you can do the same.

Let number 3.61456+E10 is stored in cell A1. To convert it to text you need to use the following formula:

=text(A1,"0") 

Comment if you face any problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment